Mini Cooper S Upgrade Blow Off Valve Spring by ALTA Performance (R55/ R56/ R57/ R58/ R59/ R60/ R61 Models)
Fits all MINI Turbo Models including Cooper S and JCW! The ALTA Performance replacement spring is a simpler, less expensive and better performing upgrade.
The ALTA BOV Spring Upgrade for your stock Blow Off Valve is a very effective way to make your Turbocharged MINI hold more boost between shifts. This reduces turbo lag and boosts performance. The stiffer spring still allows for normal functioning of the BOV, but keeps more pressure in the boost tubes to prevent any lapse in power.
Anyone with simple hand tools can install this part in under 30 minutes. Simply remove a handful of parts including the electronic BOV and then just replace the factory spring and your done! Check out the instructions above for a step by step explanation.
A key to the design of this part is ensuring the spring is not too stiff. Because this is an electromechanical device, it is crucial that electronic solenoid is able to open the BOV. The ideal spring rate was chosen and then tested to work perfectly in excess of 40psi of boost! While you will never see that level of boost, it is comforting to know that your BOV is now up to the task of handling anything you throw at it!
The ALTA Spring is a stiffer spring to make the valve close faster after shifts and hold more boost!
- MINI Cooper S Clubman/ JCW Clubman R55 (2008-2014)
- MINI Cooper S/ JCW R56 Hatchback (2007-2013)
- MINI Cooper S/ JCW R57 Convertible (2009-2015)
- MINI Cooper S Coupe/ JCW Coupe R58 (2012-2015)
- MINI Cooper S Roadster/ JCW Roadster R59 (2012-2015)
- MINI Cooper S Countryman/ JCW Countryman R60 (2011-2016)
- MINI Cooper S Paceman/ JCW Paceman R61 (2013-2016)
- Custom Made Heat treated 17-7 Stainless Steel Spring
- Rated for over 7,000,000 cycles
- Makes turbo response better between shifts and less turbo lag
- Holds and vents 40psi perfectly
- A fraction of the cost of complete BOV replacements
- Easy installation
Please Note! This product is not CARB certified and is only intended for "off-road" use in California or CARB states. Check your local and federal laws prior to installation! This version will not work on European models.