Designed specifically for the MINI N18 engines, (Cooper S 2011+, JCW Cooper S 2013 and R58 Coupe 2012+. This product is either recommended where the boost pressure has been increased by an ECU software upgrade, or for those wanting a loud blow off sound, or simply as a solution to the many failures that can occur. The most common complaint on the OEM solenoid valve is a split diaphragm preventing the valve from opening fully, or not at all. This doesn’t always result in a check engine light as the valve can still be blown open by the boost pressure. It is also recommended for unmodified MINI's operating in warmer climates.
The other problem is that diaphragm retaining ring is made from very thin plastic that goes brittle with heat cycles and oil contamination, and eventually fails. This prevents the diaphragm from sealing with the same problems as mentioned above. This particular failure also results in the valve falling apart upon removal from the turbo, though in extreme cases bits of plastic can enter the turbo and destroy it.
Forge's alternative is a fully engineered solution offering both significantly improved reliability. The valve is piston based, with no diaphragm to fail, and of all aluminum construction, it replaces the original unit with a pressure/vacuum operated piston valve that still also retains the desirable OEM ECU control over valve actuation. The valve has been proved on the VAG scene for many years. The spring is interchangeable for different levels of boost, and the solenoid is plug and play with the wiring harness which is included. This is the Atmospheric version. The Recirculating version is also available.
- MINI Cooper S Clubman R55 (2011-2014)
- MINI Cooper JCW Clubman R55 (2013-2014)
- MINI Cooper S R56 Hatchback (2011-2013)
- MINI Cooper JCW R56 Hatchback (2013)
- MINI Cooper S R57 Convertible (2011-2015)
- MINI Cooper JCW R57 Convertible (2013-2015)
- MINI Cooper S and JCW Coupe R58 (2012-2015)
- MINI Cooper S and JCW Roadster R59 (2012-2015)
- MINI Cooper S and JCW Countryman R60 (2011-2016)
- MINI Cooper S and JCW Paceman R61 (2013-2016)