MINI Cooper Adjustable Sway Bar End Links by NM Engineering (R50 / R52 / R53 / R55 / R56 / R57 / R58 / R59 Model)
Sway Bar End Links by NM Engineering for the R50 / R52 / R53 / R55 / R56 / R57 / R58 / R59 Model
NM Engineering’s new Rear Adjustable Sway Bar Links provides three benefits:
- Direct transmission of suspension movements to the sway bar
- On lowered vehicles, allows repositioning of sway bar to neutral position
- Can eliminate sway bar pre-loading to compensate for poorly manufactured sway bars
Everything starts with the material – after all, it is the foundation of the part. NM Engineering did not skimp here as these links are precision CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum in California. Because this is a high-stress part, 7075 was chosen because it has the same tensile strength as steel, yet is much lighter. Just to compare, 7075-T6 has almost twice the tensile strength compared to 6061-T6.
Another benefit afforded by 7075-T6 is it allowed NM Engineering to machine or turn-down the centers of the links to save weight and stay clear to other elements such as brake lines and brake pad sensor wires.
NM’s links also utilize precision CNC machined stainless steel ball-joint spacers as stainless steel is stronger and more durable than 6061 aluminum alloy. To maximize adjustability, NM chose a special thin jam nut which allow an additional ¼" of adjustment compared to others being sold in the market.
The length of front and rear links are compensated for lowered vehicles so the sway bar arms will sit in a neutral position relative to the swing arm. The length of the rear links are 25mm shorter and the fronts are 12mm longer compared to OE links. This is also 'the' solution for enthusiasts out there with coil-over suspension that lower the ride height more than 1.5".
Whether it is 6061-T6 or 7075-T6, all grade materials NM purchases are certified. NM never buys uncertified scrap or overrun materials from metal/alloy vendors.
NM Engineering’s Rear Adjustable Sway Bar Links will not yield like their OE counterparts making sure that all suspension movements are transmitted to the sway bar for maximum performance. This part is a must especially on lowered vehicles or cars equipped with aftermarket sway bars.
Finish : Type III Hard Anodize
- MINI Cooper R50 Hatchback (2002-2006)
- MINI Cooper R52 Convertible (2005-2008); Fits all models
- MINI Cooper S R53 Hatchback (2002-2006)
- MINI Cooper Clubman R55 (2008-2014); Fits all models
- MINI Cooper R56 Hatchback (2007-2013); Fits all models
- MINI Cooper R57 Convertible (2009-2015); Fits all models
- MINI Cooper Coupe R58 (2012-2015); Fits all models
- MINI Cooper Roadster R59 (2012-2015); Fits all models
If you have any questions or need help selecting the right product for your MINI Cooper, please feel free to give us a call. We are here to help!